Monday, October 6, 2014

A Little Haul

I am obsessed with cosmetics. I blame YouTube for my addiction. I simply cannot visit my local mall without stopping by Sephora. And don't even get me started on the new stand alone MAC store. I could spend hours in those wonderful places, just browsing and swatching. The colors, the brushes, the smells… It all just sucks me in.

Recently I stopped by the two aforementioned stores, and picked up a few new pieces that caught my eye.



I feel like Hourglass is a newly popular brand that is burning holes in, well, my pockets. I was a big fan of their Ambient Lighting Pallette that was released a few months ago, so you could imagine how ecstatic I was to hear that they'd be coming out with a blush version.



At $58 USD, you get three beautiful blushes that give you not only a flush to the cheeks, but a glow that will have people wondering.

Continuing with the Hourglass obsession, I had recently received a sample of their Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in the color Icon. The name fit the bill; Icon was just that, an iconic red color. I was amazed by the pigmentation and the claim of a 14-hour wear, so I decided to splurge on a more (I hoped) every day fall lip color.


The color Empress is a gorgeous, deep berry red color. At $28 USD, Sephora describes Empress as a deep aubergine, which I think, is a perfect explanation. It's a bit too dark for me to wear everyday, but I look forward to this color accompanying me on many nights out this fall.

During the warmer, summer months, I tend to lay off of foundations and stick to tinted moisturizers. As we make our way back into the cooler, winter months, I start to introduce my skin back to foundations. My skin is a very fickle thing, and it hates to be disturbed, if you get what I'm saying! I love foundations, but I am always nervous to try something new. When I stumbled upon MAC's Face and Body foundation, I figured a water based foundation might not disturb my skin too much.





At $27 USD, I love how lightweight and moisturizing this foundation feels. You can layer it for more coverage, but I prefer a light wash just to even out my complexion. (For reference, I am usually an NW20 in MAC foundations and concealers, with MAC Face and Body, I was matched with N1.)

Have you hauled anything lately?


x Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment