Saturday, September 20, 2014

The day I said "life is too short to only wear black."

Don't get me wrong, I will always have a bit of black in my wardrobe (maybe bit is the wrong word…)




I always wear black. Black jeans. Black shirts. Black dresses. Black jackets. I never branch out. I never go to the shops and gravitate towards the colorful section. No, I always find myself in the dark section, and I never, never question if I need another black shirt. Because the answer is always, yes, I do need another one.

I don't have much style in terms of fashion bloggers. My favorite place to shop is Old Navy, and I am totally okay with that (have you checked out their selection lately?!) And I have just discovered the importance of statement necklaces, but have yet to understand hats.

My favorite season is fall - fall fashion is my weakness. I have, shamelessly, about twenty scarves. You see, that's where I get my color. A pop of teal, or pink, or white around the neck to complete my favorite, black, fall outfit. And don't even get me started on boots.

I have a closet full of black clothing that just makes me sad. I am twenty something years old, and my wardrobe makes me sad.



I had an epiphany the other day - where I realized that I am indeed twenty something and I've spent the better half of my life wearing black clothing when there is a world full of other options. All of a sudden, my eyes started to gravitate towards that beautiful red blouse, or patterned shirt and I realized, I can wear that and I don't care what anyone has to say about it.

So if you wish, come follow me along my journey into color. But don't be too surprised if something black makes a reoccurring appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment